Since 2008, Valrhona has organized the Chocolate Chef Competition (C³) to celebrate professional Pastry Chefs and honor the elaborate nature of the trade in all of its technical and creative aspects, with a focus on chocolate.
By gathering a community of Pastry Chefs, who are driven by a desire to showcase the quality and creativity of their work, Valrhona highlights the profession and gives attendees the opportunity to discuss trends, techniques and market developments.
After two years of successful and incredible competitions with the 2015 North American Selections and the 2016 International Final, Valrhona and StarChefs are thrilled to partner again this year and host the 2017 Valrhona C³ North American Selections at the 12th Annual StarChefs International Chefs Congress on October 23, 2017.
- Pierre Hermé, Pierre Hermé, Paris
- Ghaya Oliveira, Daniel, New York
- Johnny Iuzzini, Sugar Fueled Inc., New York
- Kelly Fields, Willa Jean, New Orleans
- William Werner, Craftsman & Wolves, San Francisco
- Tom Hemerka, Pastry Elite
- Nick Muncy, Tooth-Ache Magazine