AZÉLIA 35% PUMPKIN PIE
Calculated for (1) 11x35cm rectangular tart mold
1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
⅜ cups hazelnuts, finely chopped
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 ¾ cups pumpkin puree
3 ½ each whole eggs
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup light brown sugar
½ tsp all spice
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cloves
A Pinch of salt
AZÉLIA Whipped Ganache:
½ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 ¼ cups Azélia 35% chocolate
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- Toast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a 325ºF (163ºC) oven until golden brown.
- Cool and combine with all ingredients. Mix until you combine the ingredients.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a lightly greased tart mold, taking care that the crust is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 325ºF for 8-10 minutes to perfectly set the crust- let cool slightly before filling.
- Combine the pumpkin puree and eggs. Whisk in the heavy cream, followed by the sugar and spices.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart shell and bake at 315-325ºF (157-162ºC) for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Set aside to cool.
*Chef’s tip: this recipe is calculated for one can of pumpkin puree (425g).
Azélia Whipped Ganache:
- Combine the 1st amount of heavy cream and corn syrup in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Carefully melt the chocolate in a plastic bowl in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted but not hot.
- Gradually pour over the hot cream in 3 additions, mixing well with a spatula before adding more.
- Use an immersion blender to smoothen the chocolate mixture, then add the 2nd addition of cold heavy cream all at once. Refrigerate overnight before whipping.
*Chef’s tip: make the whipped ganache in advance and reserve it in the refrigerator. Whip and use immediately or keep a portion unwhipped in the refrigerator and just whip when needed. The unwhipped mixture will last for a week.