CITRUS CARAMÉLIA CAKE
1 ea lime zest
1 ea lemon zest
1 ea orange zest
1 ea mandarin zest
2g fine salt
135g heavy cream
240g all-purpose flour
4g baking powder
100g lime juice
100g orange juice
Jivara 40% Orange Ganache:
120g heavy cream
20g acacia or orange honey
180g Jivara 40%
1 ea orange zest
Caramélia 36% Mounted Ganache:
150g heavy cream
15g acacia honey
15g glucose (optional)
220g Caramélia 36%
410g heavy cream
Caramélia 36% Icing Shell:
400g Caramélia 36%
80g grape seed oil
- Zest the citrus fruits on the sugar then mix.
- Add whole eggs without blanching then mix. Add salt and cream. Sift the flour with the baking powder and add to the mixture.
- Melt the butter in order to incorporate it into the mixture.
- Using a piping bag, garnish ¾ into circular silicone molds. Place a baking paper on top then a plate so that the cake does not expand during baking.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180°C in a ventilated oven.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil.
- Add the juices and set aside in the fridge.
- Zest the orange in the cream, heat and let infuse covered for 10 minutes. Sift.
- Add honey and heat again.
- Gradually pour the preparation over melted Jivara 40% chocolate. Mix using an immersion blender.
- Use immediately.
- Heat the 150g of cream with the honey and glucose. The glucose is optional.
- Pour over the melted Caramélia 36%. Add the 410g of cold cream. Mix using an immersion blender.
- Cover and reserve overnight in the refrigerator.
- Melt the Caramélia 36% chocolate at 40°C and add the grape seed oil. Use at around 35°C.
- Once cooled, unmold then immerse the cakes for a few moments in the citrus punch. Drain and reserve for 1 hour in the freezer. Then dip the base in icing. Reserve.
- When the Jivara 40% Orange Ganage is made, pour it immediately into the hollow of the circles. Put it in the refrigerator and let it crystallize.
- Mix the Caramélia 36% ganache using a whisk. On each cake, place a beautiful rosette of ganache using a pastry bag fitted with a fluted nozzle.