DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
Category: Cakes and Tarts
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
*makes 18-24 cupcakes depending on sizeChocolate Cupcake batter:
1 cup hot coffee
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Valrhona Cocoa Powder
1 cup whole milk
1 cup neutral oil
2 ea eggs
1 ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 ¼ cup flour
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
1 ¼ cup cream
2 ½ tbsp honey
7 ounces Grand Cru Dark Baking Chocolate Caraibe 66%
- Combine the milk and oil. Whisk the coffee and cocoa powder to dissolve. Add the milk and oil to the mix.
- Add the eggs, then fold in the sifted dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners, and fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350°F (176ºC) for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the cupcakes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in intervals of 30 seconds until completely melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. (see our " How to temper chocolate" tips)
- In a sauce pan heat cream and honey until hot.
- Add the cream to the chocolate while stirring in 3 stages to create a smooth cream.
- Allow mixture to set overnight, or until spreadable.
- Spread on to cupcakes or use a piping bag and decorating tip.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account