© PHOTO LUKAM
IVOIRE 35% & STRAWBERRY PAVLOVA
Category: Cakes and Tarts
100 grams egg whites (3 whites)
80 grams sugar
80 grams icing sugar
285g whipping cream
110g whipping cream
10 grams fresh verbena leaf
150 grams Ivoire 35% White Chocolate 25 grams corn syrup
- Beat the egg whites on a medium speed until the air bubbles are evenly distributed. Gradually add the sugar to give the whites an airy mousse texture. Whip to medium stiff peaks.
- Use a spatula to carefully fold in the icing sugar (which you have sifted in advance) into the mix.
- Use a spoon to place the meringue in a 8 cm ring on a tray covered with baking paper (makes 6 meringues). Remove the ring, then bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 212°F (100°C)
*Chef’s note: You don't have to use a ring to arrange the meringue – just use a spoon to spread it out roughly.
Baking time: between 40 minutes and 2 hours, it depends on the texture and the size you prefer your Pavlova.
- Heat the smaller portion of cream with the corn syrup. Once the mixture is hot, infuse the verbena leaves in it for 10 minutes and strain.
- Melt the IVOIRE 35% white chocolate.
- Use a whisk to gradually pour the hot cream over the melted Ivoire white chocolate, stirring vigorously all the while.
- Add the large portion of cold liquid cream, then mix in an immersion mixer. Store in the fridge for 12 hours.
*Chef’s note: You can use lemon zest for your infusion or replace the verbena with orange blossom water.
- Use a whisk to whip the verbena cream until it forms stiff, airy peaks. Place the cream on the meringue and spread using a spoon.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries and put them on the cream. Decorate with a small amount of icing sugar and a few verbena leaves. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
*Chef’s note: You can substitute verbena with mint and you don’t have to use strawberries – mangoes, pineapple and lime also work, among others.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account