CHOCOLATE CRUNCHY PEARLS GRANOLA
One recipe of granola, 4 ways of twisting it with special tips from Chef Sarah Tibbetts, L'Ecole Valrhona Brooklyn.
4 ½ cups rolled oats
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 cup sliced almonds
¼ cup milk powder
½ cup buckwheat flour
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
⅛ cup coconut oil, warm
⅛ cup grape seed oil
¼ cup honey
½ cup water
PEARLS & FRUIT
1 cup Opalys 33% Crunchy Pearls
½ cup freeze dried strawberries
1 cup Caramelia 36% Crunchy Pearls
¾ cup dried apricots, diced
1 cup Dulcey 32% Crunchy Pearls
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup pistachios
1 cup Dark Chocolate 55% Crunchy Pearls
¾ cup dried cranberries
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add coconut flakes, breaking into smaller pieces if necessary. Combine the melted butter and oils together.
- Add the dry mix, then add honey and water. Thoroughly mix until combined.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in a 325-335°F oven for 10-15 min or until light golden brown.
- Add desired combination of pearls and dried fruit once cooled. Store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.