GINGER WHITE MACARONS
Category: Cookies and bars
Prep Time: 60 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 72 min
INGREDIENTS1 cup ground almonds
1 cup powdered sugar
2 egg whites, slightly whisked
2 egg whites
⅔ cup sugar
2 ounces water
Red Food Coloring, as required
9 ounces White Baking Chocolate Ivoire 35%
5 ounces heavy cream
⅛ cup chopped candied ginger
- Sift together the almonds and powdered sugar.
- Cook the ⅔ cup of sugar and the water at a temperature of 230°F (110°C), then add to the whisked egg whites. Continue to whisk until the mixture is lukewarm.
- Add the remaining 2 egg whites (unwhipped) and the food coloring, to desired color.
- Add the mixture to the sifted powdered sugar and almonds.
- Pipe a series of heart-shaped macaroons onto baking paper or a silicone sheet. Cook in the oven at 300°F (149°C) for approximately 12 minutes, depending on the size of your macaroons.
Whipped Ivoire ganache:
- Heat 2 ounces of heavy cream. Slowly pour over the White Baking Chocolate Ivoire 35% to make a ganache.
- Add the remaining cold cream to the ganache and mix until it is completely emulsified and smooth.
- Put the ganache in the refrigerator and leave to set for at least 3 hours, then whisk to obtain a melting texture before adding the chopped ginger.
- Sandwich the macarons together with the ganache.