CHOCOLATE PEARLS SANDWICH COOKIES
Calculated for 20 cookies
265 grams European butter
105 grams confectioner's sugar
25 grams egg yolks
5 grams vanilla extract
295 grams flour
295 grams Valrhona Baking Pearls
9 ounces (260 grams) Oriado 60%
335 grams whipping cream
50 grams invert sugar
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Slowly add the egg yolks, followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour and mix just until combined.
- Finish by adding the chocolate pearls.
- Divide into 6 portions and chill before rolling into 9 inch logs.
- Freeze dough before cutting.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Melt the chocolate and slowly pour the hot cream over in several additions, mixing well to create a proper emulsion.
- Process with an immersion blender to perfect the emulsion and crystallize overnight at 65°F before using.
Assembly & Finishing:
- Cut the frozen logs of cookie dough into 1cm slices and place on a silpat lined baking tray.
- Bake at 335°F (168°C) for 6-8 minutes.
- Trim the edges with a cutter after removing from the oven.
- Once the cookies are cooled, pipe the filling onto one half and place another cookie on top, pressing the two together.
- Dip half of the cookie in melted dark chocolate before serving.