ANDOA ICE CREAM WITH A TOUCH OF CARAMEL
INGREDIENTSMakes approximately 8 servings
50 grams non-fat dry milk
215 grams 39% Milk Chocolate
115 grams sugar
15 grams corn starch
Andoa Ice Cream
- Heat the water with the corn starch and non-fat dry milk.
- Add the smaller portion of the sugar to the mixture.
- Once it is almost boiling, pour it gradually over the partially melted Andoa 39% milk chocolate, stirring vigorously.
- Bring to a boil, and then chill the mixture.
*Tip: Infuse the liquid mixture with coffee beans for an added boost of flavor.
- Use the second quantity of sugar to make a dry caramel, by heating it in a pan over low heat. Deglaze it with hot cream.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix it in an electric mixer.
- Store it in the refrigerator.
*Tip: Infuse spices like cinnamon or lemon zest in the cream for an added flavor in your caramel.
- Use an ice cream maker to make the ice cream.
- Place a storage container in the freezer to chill before using.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the ice cream maker and churn until it has a creamy texture.
- Put the ice cream in the previously cooled storage container.
- Serve with whipped cream, Caramel Sauce, a sprinkle of Cocoa Powder, or fresh fruit.
*Tip: If you do not have an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture in very flat plastic bags. Once it is very hard, chop it thoroughly and mix in an electric mixer. Put the beaten ice cream in a chilled bowl and store in the freezer.